Lately, I haven’t been able to post due to stress and anxiety. So what better topic to post about than stress relief. I collected a few tidbits to share about how to relieve some stress.
– Start of with some yoga. Try poses that represent pushing away negativity and bringing in positivity. Yoga is a form of exercise. Exercise releases endorphins making you feel better about yourself.
– Afterwards, take a soothing bath – add bubbles, scented oils, scented salts, etc to the bath. A soothing bath will not only cleanse you but it will also be symbolic of washing away the stress.
– Get yourself some comforting yet healthy food. I recommend some egg drop soup from P.F. Chang’s. Having something warm yet light will help relieve you of stress and make you feel healthy and clean on the inside.
– Make yourself a small cup of hot tea. I recommend a hot chai tea. Sipping on some hot tea will relax you and also be symbolic of warming your heart and soul.
– Light some incense or a candle. Getting all your senses involved with this stress relief will insure a well rounded routine of relaxation. Pick a scent you like and let it fill your home and …your mind.
– While drinking your tea, snuggle up in a blanket or snuggie with a nice and calming book. I recommend 1,001 Ways to Relax by Mike George. While calming your mind you can read more ways to relax.
These are just some simple tips I hope you find helpful in getting rid of the stresses of everyday life or to calm your mind of something that’s just been on your mind recently. In any situation, I wish you the best of luck.