Whether it’s for your child or your lover that is a child at heart, you can make these cute heart crayons right at home and rather easy if you ask me!
What You Will Need:
– Any sized pot with an inch of water
– Old crayons (unwrapped and preferably in Valentine colors )
– Empty tin
– Heart shaped candy mold
– Pliers (preferably needle-nosed)
– Pot Holder
– A Valentine baggie or anything Valentine themed to put your crayons into
1. Set your pot with water onto the stove and turn it up to a medium boil. While you’re waiting for the pot to boil, use the knife to cut your unwrapped used crayons into small pieces (this will make it easier for melting).
2. Once your pot has come to a boil, put your crayon pieces into the tin. Now, while using your pliers to hold the tin, put the tin in the pot and hold it in the water (or as close as you can get to it) but keep it away from the bottom of the pan.
3. Once the crayons start melting swirl the tin around to mix it up a bit more to help them melt. Once your crayons have melted, use your pot holder to hold the tin and pour the melted crayons into the heart candy mold. Be careful not to over flow the mold.
4. Very carefully, put the mold in the freezer where it can lay flat and not spill out. Let it set for at least 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, pop your crayons out of the mold and put them into your Valentine baggies and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this small how-to and have lovely Valentine’s Day!