Just a few months ago, I got my first tattoo. Before hand all I knew is that I wanted a third eye tattoo and it was going to be on the top of my foot, I just didn’t know how it was going to turn out and if the final design was going to be something I wanted for the rest of my life.
I found this design on Google and thought it was perfect except for some minor details I wanted for myself. I took the design into the shop and my tattoo guy let me know that the little details around the outer circle were too detailed/too small for where I wanted and how small I wanted the piece. So I had to compromise a little but he added in the fluer de lis and the added spike and the bottom that I wanted.
My little sister was also there with me to get her triforce tattoo on her foot (on the left). I love how it came out and how it’s all intertwined. I purposely left the eye undone because I wasn’t sure if I wanted it filled in or even how I wanted it filled in but I actually like it not colored in.
I just found the deviantArt page of the artist who designed the original piece and all his designs are amazing and would make great tattoo. He even has more variations on third eye tattoo designs. If you would like to see more from him, visit his dA page : http://obsolution.deviantart.com.
If you’re like me, you forget a lot of things. Once you remember, you eventually forget what you’ve forgotten.
If you’re having these sort of problems you can try these few things.
1. Write it down, now! You can take a piece of paper and attach it to your wall calendar or stick it in your journal, just make sure everything stays in the same place. When you remember something you’ve forgotten or have lost. Don’t be lazy and think you’ll remember it this time. The sooner your write it down the better.
2. Write down the location. When you find a lost item or whatever item and you’re like me and stick it in a “safe place” and so sure you’ll remember…write down on a list these items and where you end up placing them. That way later on, you can go to your list and find that item that you can’t seem to remember.
3. Designate! When you find something you’ve lost, put it in a certain container that is designated for the items you’re found and don’t want to lose again. That way when you’re trying to find wherever your new “safe place” is, it’ll just be this one spot. It’ll also help reduce clutter and keep you from putting random things places and never being about to find them again.
4. Become uncluttered! Go through your belongings thoroughly at least once a year to get rid of access stuff and to help you possibly find all the items you’ve been looking for.
I wouldn’t recommend trying to find your lost items or thoughts when you’re stressed or going through a rough time. If you can calm your nerves before ravaging through your house, you might be able to think clearly to maybe remember something. Just breath.
Whether it’s for your child or your lover that is a child at heart, you can make these cute heart crayons right at home and rather easy if you ask me!
What You Will Need:
– Any sized pot with an inch of water
– Old crayons (unwrapped and preferably in Valentine colors )
– Empty tin
– Heart shaped candy mold
– Pliers (preferably needle-nosed)
– Pot Holder
– A Valentine baggie or anything Valentine themed to put your crayons into
1. Set your pot with water onto the stove and turn it up to a medium boil. While you’re waiting for the pot to boil, use the knife to cut your unwrapped used crayons into small pieces (this will make it easier for melting).
2. Once your pot has come to a boil, put your crayon pieces into the tin. Now, while using your pliers to hold the tin, put the tin in the pot and hold it in the water (or as close as you can get to it) but keep it away from the bottom of the pan.
3. Once the crayons start melting swirl the tin around to mix it up a bit more to help them melt. Once your crayons have melted, use your pot holder to hold the tin and pour the melted crayons into the heart candy mold. Be careful not to over flow the mold.
4. Very carefully, put the mold in the freezer where it can lay flat and not spill out. Let it set for at least 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, pop your crayons out of the mold and put them into your Valentine baggies and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this small how-to and have lovely Valentine’s Day!
Browsing my Facebook feed yesterday, I saw the Bizarre Foods’ page announced that Andrew Zimmern would be in Baton Rouge today filming for his new web series Appetite For Life – Southern Hospitality and that we would get a chance to meet and eat with him. Of course I jumped to this occasion to meet this lovely fellow and help donate to a good cause.
At the event, Andrew was filming segments for his web series at the food trucks which were having a cook off and there was also a jambalaya cook off at the same time. The jambakaya cook off was also filmed for the web series and was the main event to earn money for the Capital Area United Way.
It was an exciting event and an honor to meet Andrew in person especially on the day the major of Baton Rouge announced it was Andrew Zimmern Day!
Andrew seemed to fit right in with the flow of southern hospitality.
If you’re looking for some last minute gift ideas or deals I have a few.
If you’re shopping for a lady, I recommend hurrying over to your local CVS as they currently have 75% off on a lot of makeup products…and they’re all new. They’re not the usual returned items that were half used that they wanted to get rid of. They also have a lot of makeup items with 50% off as well but you can get plenty of makeup for someone from the 75% off products. I’ve already gone and bought them out of my favorite foundation.
If you’re looking for gifts for the kids, hurry over to Walgreen’s. They’re having a sale on a lot of toys like Hot Wheels cars for .59 cents and candy 3/ .75 cents. I don’t know how long the sale on candy will be. It may be gone now. But also for the men, they have some As-Seen On TV items for rather cheap.
So if you’re a last minute shopper, head on over to your local pharmacy for some good deals.
I walked into my local Walmart today and noticed in the front a stack of awesome looking white Coke cans. I looked closer and they had little polar bears on it…I immediately had the buy some because they were so pretty but then I finally notice the sign next to it. Coca-cola are for the first time in their 125 year history turning their red cans white for this special event. These cans are being turned white to promote the Arctic Home and their awareness and funds to better the environment for the polar bears.
Besides being one of the most gorgeous pieces of advertisement I had ever seen, I bought a few more sets than I had planned just because of the cause. I would recommend buying a set for yourself. Not only are they cute, they’re perfect for the holiday season. Enjoy.
Tomorrow (Wednesday, November 9th, 2011), there will be a nationwide EAS (Emergency Alert System) test at 2PM EST on all local radio and TV stations. This will the first ever for the United States. Also, with the announcement they’re alerting people to have emergency supplies ready. This new alert system is being provided by the Emergency Alert System – the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the Federal Communications Commission and the National Weather Service in case the President himself needs to address the United States.
So far, they haven’t given a reason for this sudden alert but it has me on my toes.I keep wondering why all of the sudden they’re wanting to find a way to alert the entire United States. But of course, they know something we don’t…
This will be my first makeup freebie for this blog and I’m excited. I love Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals’ products and I’m definitely not getting paid to say it. I use Bare Minerals’ foundation almost every single day and I can’t get enough of it. It’s the lightest foundation I’ve found and it’s better for your skin than any pressed foundation. I was lucky enough to stumble on a link to a free Bare Minerals coupon and I felt I should share the love.
Click HERE for the FREE coupon.
It is just a 10 day sample and a little kabuki brush but I think you’ll love it the first time you put it on. Their products are really not that expensive and you get a lot of product. I highly recommend printing this out for yourself and maybe giving a few to friends and family. There is no expiration date but it is only until supplies last. BUT, it states on the bottom that if they’re out they’ll let you pick out something else as your free sample.
Here’s to a great start on the holiday season!
I’m just now getting home from taking my mom to the hospital. I’ve been there since 8:30pm with my sister. Most of the time we sat there whispering to ourselves how aggravating it was to see 8 doctors or nurses sitting and just chatting while their one patient (my mother) patiently waited for hours for any kind of test results or pain medication. I can’t tell you how much frustration I have towards the state of Louisiana right now.
My mother isn’t in good health even on her best days. She has so many things wrong and Louisiana is so slow and/or unwilling at diagnosing anything. Recently my mom has been one of the only level-headed people I have left to associate with. She’s the only one I know that would give and give until her dying breath to make sure I’m okay. Here at one of her worst moments all I could do is sit and wait. I wish I could do more.
My mom (in the middle awing) on her 18th birthday.
For now, at least I can get her (eventually) the medical attention she needs.