Urban Decay has recently started accepting applications for their UD Pro program.Today I eagerly awaited and was accepted into the program!
I couldn’t have been more excited until I realized that my area will probably never have events nor will I ever be featured on a magazine so the only part of the program I can use are the discounts. I am thankful I got accepted, I just wished they’d bring some UD events my way and I guess I’ll have to kick my butt in gear to get myself featured in a magazine.
If you’re a working makeup artist and/or student, go ahead and apply! It’s free…easy…and if you’re accept, you’ll know in a snap.
UD Pro Registration
Lately, I haven’t been able to post due to stress and anxiety. So what better topic to post about than stress relief. I collected a few tidbits to share about how to relieve some stress.
– Start of with some yoga. Try poses that represent pushing away negativity and bringing in positivity. Yoga is a form of exercise. Exercise releases endorphins making you feel better about yourself.
– Afterwards, take a soothing bath – add bubbles, scented oils, scented salts, etc to the bath. A soothing bath will not only cleanse you but it will also be symbolic of washing away the stress.
– Get yourself some comforting yet healthy food. I recommend some egg drop soup from P.F. Chang’s. Having something warm yet light will help relieve you of stress and make you feel healthy and clean on the inside.
– Make yourself a small cup of hot tea. I recommend a hot chai tea. Sipping on some hot tea will relax you and also be symbolic of warming your heart and soul.
– Light some incense or a candle. Getting all your senses involved with this stress relief will insure a well rounded routine of relaxation. Pick a scent you like and let it fill your home and …your mind.
– While drinking your tea, snuggle up in a blanket or snuggie with a nice and calming book. I recommend 1,001 Ways to Relax by Mike George. While calming your mind you can read more ways to relax.
These are just some simple tips I hope you find helpful in getting rid of the stresses of everyday life or to calm your mind of something that’s just been on your mind recently. In any situation, I wish you the best of luck.
It’s been a while since an update. The recent holidays have been a bit hectic.
If you’re like me you do not look forward to Black Friday. Well, Black Friday is over and it’s time for Cyber Monday (the internet’s version of Black Friday) and I have some great deals for you all.
My friend showed me a link last night that we all thought was a mistake and I’m still sure it is but we’re going to take advantage of it. It’s 99% off an originally priced $600 Oster Deluxe Power Bather. My friend that showed this to me bought one for the dog salon she owns. I bought 3 to sell later on eBay. I’m hopeful that the order will clear through but we’ll see how this goes.
Also, on Buy.com I found a what I thought was another good deal but I don’t think it’s a legit deal. I really they just put the original price as $99 to let people think they’re getting a good deal but I got a few just in case. It’s 80% off a Gunmetal Ruby Red Crystal Necklace. Originally priced at $99 but you can get it for $19 plus shipping. Whether or not it’s a deal I really like the necklace.
I almost forgot to mention free panties! Yes, a free pair of Victoria’s Secret panties with THIS coupon. But it’s only good on 11/30.
To check out anymore Cyber Monday deals you can go here.
I walked into my local Walmart today and noticed in the front a stack of awesome looking white Coke cans. I looked closer and they had little polar bears on it…I immediately had the buy some because they were so pretty but then I finally notice the sign next to it. Coca-cola are for the first time in their 125 year history turning their red cans white for this special event. These cans are being turned white to promote the Arctic Home and their awareness and funds to better the environment for the polar bears.
Besides being one of the most gorgeous pieces of advertisement I had ever seen, I bought a few more sets than I had planned just because of the cause. I would recommend buying a set for yourself. Not only are they cute, they’re perfect for the holiday season. Enjoy.
Tomorrow (Wednesday, November 9th, 2011), there will be a nationwide EAS (Emergency Alert System) test at 2PM EST on all local radio and TV stations. This will the first ever for the United States. Also, with the announcement they’re alerting people to have emergency supplies ready. This new alert system is being provided by the Emergency Alert System – the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the Federal Communications Commission and the National Weather Service in case the President himself needs to address the United States.
So far, they haven’t given a reason for this sudden alert but it has me on my toes.I keep wondering why all of the sudden they’re wanting to find a way to alert the entire United States. But of course, they know something we don’t…